Monday, March 16, 2009

Ay Caliente Testimonial!



After seeing the Beneteau 36.7 at the 2005 Strictly Sail boat show I was totally hooked. It did not take long to realize this boat had everything I was looking for. A racer/cruiser with a functional helm and comfortable appointments down below. In 2006 I purchased Ay Caliente Hull #127. The first day I took delivery of her we sailed out the Golden Gate to Point Bonita and I was very impressed by her speed and smooth handling under sail. I have not been disappointed since. Whether racing on the bay or just cruising with friends this boat always delivers and continues to amaze me.

We put her into the San Francisco 36.7 OD Fleet last year and have enjoyed the camaraderie that comes with racing in a close knit sailing family. The other skippers were very welcoming and helpful regarding the boat and set up. After a long day of racing it's fun to take a hot shower down below or grab a cold drink out of the fridge. When we're not racing we cruise out and drop the hook at one of the many beautiful anchorages around the Bay. It's been said many times on the docks that Ay Caliente may be one of the most active boats at the club...if you owned one you’d know exactly what I mean as you too would be impressed with her versatility, reliability and comfort! As the current Fleet Captain I'd be happy to offer any additional information regarding the boat and it’s fascinating features or about our ever-growing local racing fleet.

Aaron M. Kennedy
aaron@aycalientesailing.com
Ay Caliente!
Farr First 36.7
Hull #127

SF Bay 36.7 Fleet

No comments: